Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Traces - performing in london BAC?

I had some good news yesterday, the director of the BAC (Battersea Arts Centre) emailed me with an invitation to participate in their showcase festival at the end of June with my live art piece. Apparently the lady from the BAC who came to 'see' my work really enjoyed it and suggested that I might be an artist that they would want to include. Nothing definite yet, I have to send in more details, and 'scratches' for future developments etc. and they have lots of applicants to select from with only a few slots available, but still the fact that they contacted me without me even applying is very positive and quite exciting. And I have lots of ideas on how to develop it further, in different spaces, different contexts, so it would be great to have the opportunity to explore these, and I may meet people who will be interested in collaborating on future projects . . .

O.K. Speak of - have just this moment had a phone call from R. D, the aforementioned director, and he wants to meet me on friday to discuss it. Cool. Can't let myself get over-excited at this stage, as I have a lot to concentrate on at present with my other pieces of work (which I think is trundling on ok at the moment, have quite a few ideas that are inspiring me which is nice - was it Beethoven who said that art and creativity was 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration?)!

So, we can watch this space together and see how things pan out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hex said...

That's FANTASTIC news -- Can't wait to hear more updates about this!

And if you should end up touring the states with it, do you think you could you get me on the guest list? ;)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:34:00 pm  
Blogger tara said...

thanks! :) top of the list with the best of them! Actually, touring the states is part of my big ideas for the next few years, with theatre bobs and bits i imagine, though, i don't know, for the adventure too :). i want to go over by boat, it's been a dream for a long while now, - when i first conceived of it i thought i would wash dishes and cook below deck or something as fare for my crossing and land in hawaii or something- what novel would that be out of? - who knows, maybe it will happen like that . . .

Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:07:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.