Saturday, April 02, 2005

What is home?

a geographical space?
i don't think so,
more maybe the sense that fills the space
with belonging
with freedom
with courage.
A family thing?
In part,
in all,
but mother
and father
and sister and brother
child
friend
lover
fold outwards and inwards
to the power of ten
each snapshot a metaphor
of
something
more
or
less
. . .
home is where i lay my hat?
Whilst I still have my head firmly
on my sholders
eye open
as it follows the heart
(don't leave it on the bed
but am i forgiven
if
i
do
?
)
Home is the landscape
i fly through
that i see
from my
armchair
when i
close
my
eyes.
Or
the spot i choose
to land.
Perhaps?
The tides of the river know
did they learn from the sea
and the
emerald
pebble
that
glistened
on
the
shingles?
the first ,
darkness,
and the
sounds
of
the
ocean
. . .
?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.