Monday, May 30, 2005

i dreamt of you today, that i'd called you... you answered muffled, and i, i was falling asleep. i couldn't stop this sleep taking over my body, my voice trailing away from me... i held the phone to my ear as i closed my eyes, and you couldn't find your words, your breath was sad but it grew comfortable, peaceful... i wanted to speak but the phone dropped from my hand, drowsier and drowsier... i don't know how long we stayed in silence... perhaps we slept together, only our phones alert and listening, waiting...

2 Comments:

Blogger Hex said...

the thing you never consider, never fully think is going to go away is that sense of closeness. That sound of breath security that makes the water seem colder, the spaces between seem darker.

Even if it's only a dream of a dream, I've know how that feels.

I don't know if that's any solace. But I thought I'd say it anyways.

Friday, June 03, 2005 1:57:00 am  
Blogger tara said...

your comments are always nice to hear, dan.

a dream of a dream. that is what it feels like sometimes. who knows. this dream i had was the one simple (and strangely beautiful and comforting experience) thing in an otherwise long and complicated story.

Saturday, June 04, 2005 1:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.