Tuesday, January 24, 2006

whistlestop biography draft mach 1

"a wise woman should only renew her connection with a former lover, if she is satisfied that good fortune, gain, love, and friendship, are likely to be the result of such a reunion" from the kama sutra

For what it is worth... I left school at 16 to go to France, fell in love for the first time, went back to school in England, and left again. At 18 I went to study literature and philosophy in America where I could have joined a coven, or driven the States on a Harley Davidson and macrobiotic diet. I did neither. Instead, at 19 I fell in love again, at the age of 20 just before the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin I went to Israel and pretended I was a messenger from god to a local toymaker, my props a bag of freshly plucked fruit and a song (I'm not proud, I was the puppet in someone else’s joke!). 3 years after I'd left I returned to the UK at the age of 21 to be near my dying father. I worked selling kitchens, and as a waitress, threatened on a number of occasions with the sack for giving coffee and food to the homeless and falling asleep in the streets listening to buskers; with one exception I managed to keep my jobs and upon my father's recovery, I gathered my savings and took off interrailing where I almost met all manner of interesting characters including a sparrow and her lover, a jewel smuggler by the name of Sunny, and a beautiful South African girl called Catherine who had cycled from Paris to Athens... I used the last day of my ticket to revisit my first love in Morocco... as far as he was concerned 'the woman was not so wise', but for 3 months Morocco was my sensual re-awakening where my head began its grateful descent back into my body as I marvelled at the colours and the smells and the senses of my skin and in its own strange zig-zag way good fortune, gain, love, and friendship were indeed the fruits of this reunion, my reconnection to the earth...

re

disi

nte

gr

a

t

ion

i think i'll take a moment here and rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.